Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Big Kids

Well, Jack & Emma have officially moved into their big kid rooms upstairs. It makes us sad at how grown up they have become, but on the other hand it is a bit of a relief, as constant care for twins in the last 4 years has been exhausting. I am finally sleeping through (most of) the night, unfettered, and the kids have their own space now so they aren't at each other's throats all the time. I haven't figured out how to decorate them. I am not a big one for themes, so it is going to have to be classic and cute. Any suggestions?
They start school in a week, and I am not sure who is looking forward to it more. No, wait, I can answer that - Steve and I!! We have a quick 10 minute walk from our door to their classroom. One cool thing is their teacher taught my cousins, Tim and Garrett when they were that age, and Miss Luci remembers them fondly. It is only 3 1/2 hours a day, but it will give them some much needed structure, and us an uninterrupted train of thought.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I'm not big on the room themes, either. Kids go in and out of phases of what they like so fast that I'd hate to have to commit to one, so I try (key word there is TRY) to just stick with certain colors.

Let's celebrate once school is in session with a grown up lunch! So glad that it's almost here for you... you guys will really enjoy that free time and they are going to love it, too!!!! YAY!