Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mommies cook dinner, daddies ???

Tonight, I made a big family size tray of chicken parmesean and pasta. We were all sitting down at the table enjoying dinner, with Steve complimenting me, and asking the kids if they knew what a great cook their mom is. To this, we had the following dialogue:

Emma: I want to be a mommy when I get bigger.
Me: Are you going to cook dinner for your husband and your kids?
Emma: Yes!
Jack: And I am going to be a Daddy when I get bigger.
Me: Well, Jack, what are you going to do when you are a daddy? (I am thinking lawn mowing, working, projects, etc in my mind when I ask this question.)
Jack: I am going to use the microwave, because daddies use the microwave to make dinner!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

That is too funny! In our case Mommies use the microwave and Daddies use the grill! :) Have a great day!

Jason: said...

Alisa means mommies use the phone to call for take out in our house.